Thursday, August 14, 2014

Literature Based Writing Classes

Here we are . . . Another school year just around the corner!  I hope you have had a wonderful summer break – whatever that means for you . . . feeling refreshed and ready to hit the ground running. J  While many of you have already begun school or will begin within the next few days, I’m kind of old fashioned: school begins in September – after Labor Day!  That means now I am ready to get my class lists in order.  Thank you for waiting so patiently for this “Ready Set Go” email from me.  I have attached a flyer with much of the information regarding my classes, but I do have some additional information that I would like to highlight as well:

1.      NEW LOCATION!  Not only are we offering 5 different levels of classes at our main Orangevale location (Orangevale First Baptist Church 8998 Central Ave.), but we will also be offering classes at a location in Natomas (The Crossing Church, 1227 N. Market Blvd, Sac 95834).

2.      NEW GRADE LEVEL!  At our Orangevale location we will be offering for the first time a 1st/2nd grade class.  J  This will be an enrichment class.  The novel will be read during the class time and then students will have fun activities based on the novel to complete in class.  There will be very little homework. 

3.      NEW WEBSITE!  I finally have my website up and running.  It is still in progress, but much of the important information is already available.  Please check it out (www.writingwithkris.com) , and feel free to give me feedback regarding the information that you find.  Let me know if anything is confusing; is there any information that you were looking for and could not find easily?

4.      TUTORING!  I am currently also scheduling tutoring sessions that will begin the same week that our classes begin (the week of Sept. 8th), so contact me if you are interested in arranging tutoring for your child.

5.      RESPOND NOW!  I do need to get the novels ordered . . .  so now that I have given you the green light, just reply to this email and let me know which of your children you are signing up for a class.  I need to know the student’s name, grade, the class location, and the payment method (charter or private).  When I receive your reply, I will send a confirmation email.  If you do NOT receive a confirmation email, give me a call.  I want to make sure I get everyone’s name on the list.

6.      These are the novels we will be studying: 

Orangevale:                                                                                               Natomas:                                                                                    Grass Valley:
               
        1st/2nd    - My Father’s Dragon                                                                                                                                                                             5th-8th - TBD
        3rd/4th    - Charlotte’s Web                                                            3rd-5th  - Charlotte’s Web
        5th/6th – The Lion, Witch, and the Wardrobe                        
        7th/8th – The Bronze Bow                                                              6th-8th – The Bronze Bow
        9th/10th – The High King                                                                  9th-12th – The High King

7.    PASS IT ON!  Please feel free to pass this information on to your friends whose children might also benefit from being in our classes.  We’ve had a great break, and we are excited to get our classes started again!!

SEE YOU NEXT MONTH!

KRIS CORDELL

No comments:

Post a Comment