Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Kris Cordell Writing Class


FYI.  Contact Kris directly at cordellfam@surewest.net  if interested in these great classes.


Hello everyone.

August is here.  I’m home from vacation. Time to get to work!  

Details for all of the services that I offer homeschool families can be found on my website (www.writingwithkris.com), but for now let me highlight some important information:

1.     Our classes begin the week of Sept. 7th.  Once again our Orangevale classes will include ALL grades 1st-12th.  Attached you will find more detailed information about the Orangevale classes.  Please feel free to make copies of the flyer and share them with your friends.  
2.    The Orangevale high school class will be studying Shakespeare’s Hamlet this semester, and next semester they will study one of Shakespeare’s comedies. But best of all, they will have the opportunity to take a field trip to Ashland to enjoy the Shakespearean Festival!!  This will be a wonderful opportunity, so start planning now.  
3.    The Yuba City and Auburn classes are not yet finalized; it will depend upon the numbers for these locations. Be sure to let me know if one of these locations is your first choice. (See website for more details.)
4.    I need you to reply to this email if you plan to have your child/children in one of our classes.  Please reply with the following information:
a.    Child’s name
b.    Child’s grade
c.     Your address and phone number (cell)
d.    Your method of payment
e.    Your preferred class location
5.    Please be sure to reserve a spot for your child by August 10th.  After the 10th I will be ordering novels, and I want to make sure that I have one for each student.  I will reply with a confirmation.

6.     I am also coordinating tutoring services at this time.  If you are interested in scheduling some tutoring, please let me know.  Remember that we now offer skype tutoring! 

7.   I also highly recommend the Parent/Teacher Workshop that I will be teaching on Saturday, Aug. 15 at The Brighter Child bookstoreThis is five hours of very practical instruction, helping parents and teachers identify the essential elements of writing.  This is NOT more curriculum.  I have gleaned from much of the awesome curriculum available, and with years of practice I have discovered what works.  I want to pass that information on to others.  Even if your child will be in one of our classes, this information will be very helpful to you as you assist your child with homework, etc. (Details attached.)

OUR MISSION STATEMENT:

“TO HELP PARENTS TRAIN UP THE NEXT GENERATION 
TO THINK CRITICALLY AND 
COMMUNICATE EFFECTIVELY.”

Serving together,

Kris Cordell and all of my awesome teachers

No comments:

Post a Comment