Friday, May 22, 2015

Sly Park opportunity

Parents,
My name is Andrea Faust. When I was in the sixth grade I got the chance to go to Sly Park. I had such a great time and it had such an impact on me that I went back years later as a camp leader. There were camp fires, arts and crafts, panning for gold hiking and much much more. 
 
Now as a homeschool mom of three, I would love for my kids to have the same experience as I did. So I've been speaking with the coordinator of Sly Park trying to put together a trip for (our) homeschool kids that don't typically get to attend Sly Park because they don't attend a physical school. 
Typically only 5th and 6th graders get the chance to attend Sly Park. But they are so graciously working with me to open up the experience to even the lower grades, so they can have the experience as well and not just the 5th and 6th graders. Also, because they will start younger they will be able to go several years before the age/grade cut off. Isn't that awesome?!
 
The dates will be August 10th, 11th and 12th 2015. There will be a fee, the fee will include accommodations in the cabins, breakfast, lunch and dinner (all days) there will also be contracted teachers on site (included in fee) to give the Sly Park experience that I know your children will love. Now, I don't know exactly what the fee will be at this point because I need to find out from you, the parents if there is any interest. There has to be a minimum of 75 kids to make this work. So please feel free to email me and/or call me with any questions you may have or to let me know that you are interested. 
My phone number is 916-670-4255
And my direct email address is allmine_123@yahoo.com
Thank you all, and I hope to see you at Sly Park
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment