Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Parent Workshop on Teaching Writing


A WRITING WORKSHOP FOR PARENTS AND TEACHERS
From one homeschool mom to another:
Teaching you so that you can teach your child HOW TO WRITE

WORKSHOP INCLUDES:
*Where to begin and what to expect
*Building upon the basics
*The importance of critical thinking
*Preparing your child for the SAT essay exam


I will be teaching a writing workshop on Saturday, March 9, and I thought you might be interested in attending.  I have been teaching literature-based writing classes to home school students for about 10 years.  In addition to teaching my own four children, I have thoroughly enjoyed my time teaching other home school students.  For the past several years, I have been primarily teaching the college prep level, but every now and then I get the chance to have fun teaching our younger students as well.

Not only have I enjoyed my time in the classroom, but I have also cherished the opportunity to work with several other teachers who have joined me in teaching our literature-based writing classes.  We have been able to work together for the past several years, and each year we work to fine tune our instruction – always looking for the most effective methods for teaching our students.  And this is what I look forward to passing on to you.  It is always a blessing for me to meet with parents and teachers who understand the importance of teaching children proper writing skills.  As you know, it’s not easy! 

 You will also need the exact address of this event – which is yet to be determined.  We have a couple of options, so I will wait until I have a head count and then decide on the location (in or near Orangevale, CA  - a suburb of Sacramento).  Feel free to call me if you have any questions (916-725-6473).

Blessings,
Kris Cordell

WHEN:  Saturday, March 9

TIME:  10:00 – 3:30

WHERE: Orangevale, CA  95662
(Contact Kris for address)

COST: $20.00–Including lunch and syllabus
or $10.00 if you bring a friend


BRING A FRIEND AND save $10.00 each

No comments:

Post a Comment