BHN Coordinators- Our goal is to create a Christ-centered gathering place where homeschool moms are encouraged, comforted, and equipped to teach and parent their children in a God honoring way.
Coordinator: Marisa Chaffey
- Park Day- Communicate on Facebook and blog/email support about the weekly park day. This would include time and location. Holding this position means that you would be a regular attender and participant of park day. Park Day Coordinator: Jessica Tanihana
- Mom's Outings- Providing encouragement, support, and fellowship to our BHN mamas!
fellowship. Activities vary and may include a small fee.
Mom's Morning Out Coordinator: Christina Chandler
~ Mom's Night Out- One evening each quarter for moms to meet and fellowship.
Activities vary and may include a small fee.
Mom's Night Out Coordinator: Gina Titus and Laura Bastien
Special Events- Through the Vendor Fair, Family BBQ, Holiday Parties, Open House, End of the Year Party, and many more activities, families can gather to fellowship, celebrate and grow. This is a Steering Team Leadership position. In addition to regular Steering Team meetings, this position oversees the following events. If you are interested in serving in one of these positions please email the coordinator.
Special Events Coordinator: OPEN
- Vendor Fair- Bringing local Vendors and the homeschool community together, exhibiting available classes and services available in the greater Sacramento area. Vendor Fair Coordinator: Marisa Chaffey
- Welcome Back BBQ- Welcoming homeschool families as we begin the new year! Field trips, events and service opportunities are announced. Welcome Back BBQ Coordinators: Marisa Chaffey and Carrie Carlson
- Holiday Parties- Coordinate a team of volunteers to celebrate our annual Christmas and Valentines Day parties. If you are interested in joining the team to help with party planning please contact the coordinator! Holiday Party Coordinator: OPEN
- Open House- The final event of our year held in early June. This is an event where families and friends are invited to see the projects our kids have accomplished through the year, as well as share their musical talents, (or comedy, or whatever else seems appropriate to share). Open House Coordinator: OPEN
- End of the Year Party- Hosted by a BHN member, families are invited to attend and celebrate the end of the school year. A time of fellowship and activities and games for the kids. End of Year Party Coordinator: Christina Chandler
Treasurer- Our Treasurer collects our annual membership dues and oversees the BHN expenses. She helps provide accountability and guidance for wise stewardship of the funds.
Treasurer: Toni Vassallo
- Helping Hands- BHN prayerfully seeks opportunities to be the hands and feet of Christ and serve those in need. A variety of service projects will be offered throughout the year! Helping Hands Coordinator(s): Val Szabo
- Meals Ministry- Organizing meals for moms that would be blessed by support
during a time of need. New baby, illness, family crisis, new home, etc.
Meals Ministry Coordinator: Leigh Arevalo
Special Event Day- This position serves as the hostess and facilitator of our Presentation Day. This can include a special guest speaker, presentations, or special activities. Several dates on the calendar offer a variety of opportunities to bring in special guests to share with our group or provide a learning experience.
Special Event Days Coordinator: OPEN
Mentor Mom - Our Mentor moms are veteran homeschool moms whose children are grown. They are available to speak to moms personally and help guide with questions, concerns, etc.
Mentor Mom Team: Heily Young, Helen Demas, and Gina Titus
Yearbook- You are welcome to use the existing company for producing the yearbook, or go somewhere else. It's your call! Create a special yearbook to capture the BHN year! Yearbook Coordinator: Cheryl Brown
Yearbook Family Pages Coordinator:
Blog Support- This is a definite behind-the-scenes service position that would be a blessing to the group! Post forwarded emails from the Coordinator to the blog to inform BHN moms about the upcoming local classes, activities, and resources. Updates could be made daily, or a few times a week, depending on how you want to manage your email.
Blog Support Coordinator: Leigh Arevalo
Help us make this a great year! We look forward to serving with you!